Thursday, October 14, 2010

Benjani Mwaruwari retires from international football

The day after the draw conceded by Zimbabwe against Cape Verde, Benjani Mwaruwari, announced his retirement from international football. He intends to devote himself exclusively to his club, Blackburn Rovers.
"After the match, he said, I thanked Coach Norman MAPEZE for having confidence in me, for giving me the armband and I told him I was sorry for not being able to lead the team to victory. I still have some years of playing which I want to dedicate to my club. I gave the maximum to the national team. I may not have scored all the goals that the fans would have liked me to score, but I've never cheated with the national team jersey.
Born August 13, 1978 in Bulawayo, Mwaruwari played alternately at Lulu Rovers at the University of Zimbabwe and then with Air Zimbabwe Jets before being transferred in 1999 to Jomo Cosmos in South Africa. Two years later he was loaned to Grashopper Zurich, Switzerland, before signing with AJ Auxerrein France, where he played for nearly four years. In January 2006, he left France for England where he will wear the colours of Portsmouth, Manchester City and Sunderland. Since the beginning of the season, he played for Blackburn Rovers, his fourth English team.

No comments:

Post a Comment